Monday, July 18, 2011

Week2-Wimba


The Wimba session cleared up most of my copyright questions and helped make the muddy issue of fair use, which I blogged about last week, more concrete. It still seems tough to put an exact definition that everyone sees the same, but I am sure I have a better understanding.


I was most interested in the discussion about the differences between copyright, trademark, and a patent. I was not not aware of the distinction between trademark and copyright and, although I watched the archive and couldn't vote, I also picked brands as an item that carries a copyright. It is interesting and it actually makes sense the way that different genres, for lack of a better term, of intellectual property are protected under different laws and regulations. Next time I hear someone say they are going to copyright an idea or a title, I am going to let them have it. Yes, I am obnoxious like that.

Also, I want that telecaster hanging in the background.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger