Sunday, December 5, 2010

PE2_iMovie

For another project, I tried to illustrate the green screen feature by showing the transition from the actual green screen to the simulated background. I had to create a transition from a blank green screen to the subject in front of the screen. I used cross-dissolve to achieve this because cross-dissolve will only dissolve what has changed in the frame. Here is an example with a clip using my lovely wife as the star.



The best way to pull this off is to use one continuous roll. I shot this with a tripod and I had my wife simply walk out of the frame. To edit, you just have to cut out the footage of the subject leaving. You then cross-dissolve between the shot with the subject and the shot without the subject. The project looks like this.



With the green screen clip I tried the same technique, but I could not match it up. It's not too bad, but I'm definitely not happy with it. Here is the project screenshot and the clip.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger