Sunday, December 5, 2010

PE3_iMovie

Here is my certificate from Lynda.com



This week I made a video to promote the 9th grade food drive competition at my campus. I worked on this project with the principal over 9th grade and one of our counselors. I was responsible for the concept, most of the filming, and the editing. We decided to make it in the style of a Hollywood trailer. This is real easy with iMovie '11. Despite the cool templates available in iMovie '11, I decided to deviate a bit which created a challenge. I wanted to have a dramatic and cheesy slow motion segment in the middle of the trailer (you may want to turn your volume off for this clip. I left it live since I new it was a roughcut).



The problem is that the templates are time locked due to the soundtrack. I had to figure out a way to split the clip without completely messing up the audio transitions. Here is the process:

First we picked the action theme for our trailer.



Then we cut the main part of the video. I then started a new project and cut the slow motion sequence I included earlier. I exported both clips and then imported them back into a new project and event. I cut out a section of the main film and replaced it with the slow motion sequence.



I had to pay special attention to the audio so the breaks were on beats and it wouldn't sound awkward. Next, I added sound effects for the slow motion part. I used two effects and overlapped them so the transition would be seamless. Also, as you can see from the pic above and below, I overlapped the first effect with the audio in the main clip for the same reason.





Here is the final result. And, yes, we did have permission to film in the store.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger