Sunday, December 12, 2010

PE_5 CS5

This week we made another Hollywood style trailer to promote our holiday food drive competition. It turned out pretty good, but I was unhappy that I was not able to make some text additions that I wanted to make. I wanted to add the names of a few faculty members to promote them as the stars of the fictional film "Quest for Cans." The iMovie 11' templates will not allow much customization and even exporting and importing back into iMovie is still a problem due to the limited text feature. The clip played for the students on Thursday without the text I wanted to add. Since Thursday, I have become brave enough to use CS5, and I was able to add the text I wanted with Adobe Premiere (Pr). Next week I'll know how to do this in time for the release to the students and staff.



Pr is a professional quality video editing program, and it is quite daunting. Luckily, a few Lynda.com tutorials showed me how to add titles to a project. Even with that, I stumbled through the process.

First of all, compared to iMovie, the text creation and editing interface is awesome. There are many more fonts, colors, and full freedom for placing the text on the clip.



Once the text is created it shows up in the toolbar on the left hand side.



From here, you drag the titles to the timeline.



Each title can be animated by dragging preset effects unto them from the toolbar.



Once everything is laid out, Pr gives you many output options for rendering the final project. I went with .mov mainly because it seems to upload to viddler without losing integrity better than some other formats I've used.

Once again, this took a lot of time considering the final result, but I think it looks good. Remember, most of the dynamic text in this clip is courtesy of the iMovie 11' template I used. What I added in Pr is the star title text that shows up three times in the clip.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger