Saturday, December 18, 2010

PE_6 CS5

This week I decided to continue my exploration of After Effects and Premiere. For my first project I decided to go back into After Effects and tweak the Christmas photo show I made last week. I decided to add an opening title screen.



Once again, it took my a little bit of time to figure it out. The Adobe products are intended for professional use, so making them user friendly isn't really a primary concern. First of all, unlike iMovie, AE gives you the ability to create text boxes and move them anywhere in the frame you would like them.



The other cool thing about creating titles in AE is the number of preset text animations. The presets are actually part of Adobe Bridge. The following pic is just an example of what is available in the organic folder. There are actually about 15 text animation folders.



Once the titles are created you add them to the time line where you can place and slide them in relation to the rest of your project.



The titles appear in red on the time line. The timing can be adjusted by simply dragging the ends to increase or decrease the amount of time they are on the screen.

Here are the results.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger